Ocean Change Group
The University of Western Australia
Western Australia 6009 Australia
Phone: 61 8 XXXX XXXX
Ph.D. University of California • M.S. California State University• B.S. University of California
+61 8 6488 3724
My research focuses on understanding physical processes in coastal environments and linking these to evolution of the coast over a range of time scales. Specific topics of interest include:
- Wave driven surf zone currents on beaches and reefs.
- Inlet dynamics and interaction with adjacent coast.
- Mechanisms of sediment transport in near coastal waters.
- Beach and coastal response to storms and sea level rise.
- Cyclone impacts on reef-fringed beaches
- Development of new in situ and remote sensing techniques to measure waves, water levels, and currents in the surf zone.
- Development of topographic and nearshore bathymetric mapping systems.
- Wave energy; arrangement of devices and their near- and far-field impact on waves, currents and sediment transport.
Link to personal web page